Maryland Wins For Best Bets Club
Maryland (-4) Gets Cash In Wild 10-Unit Win Over Miami
As Best Bets Club Goes T0 5-2 Showing $1,190 Profit
Texas A&M, Virginia Tech 1-2 In My College Rankings
With Oklahoma, Wisconsin, Boise State 3-4-5
NFL Season Begins Thursday Night With 50-Unit Play
On Nationally Televised Saints At Packers
By Kelso Sturgeon
Ah, Maryland, another easy winner in the world of bet-and-sweat as my Best Bets Club cashes again to push its record for the first five days of the 2011 college football season to 5-2 and up 125 units, and with those betting just $10-per-unit showing a $1,190 profit.
Back to last night in College Park where I had Maryland (-4) over the Miami Hurricanes and found myself down, 24-21, with 4:01 to play. Hope was alive but having been in this spot many times in the last 40 years I knew it was all but over. Chalk it up to a loss in a game in which Maryland had dominated play.
Miami kicked off after making the field goal that put the Hurricanes up by three, leaving Maryland 80 yards from winning the game and in the near impossible position of getting the cover. The only thing I had going for me was the silence of the Fat Lady who had not made hear appearance to sing the grand finale that signals the end.
The heavens had opened with a driving rain and that certainly worked against Maryland’s comeback just to get the win but the heavens also brought a visiting from the 11-to-10 gods who were not through for the night. Six plays and 60 yards later—with the drive highlighted by a 52-yard pass reception—Nick Ferrara kicked a 32-yard field goal with 1:39 left to give Maryland a 26-24 lead.
The win was in sight and the cover was nowhere.
Miami was pulling out all the stops to regain the lead and get the win but it ended for them with 45 seconds to play when Maryland senior defensive back Cameron Chism picked off a Stephen Morris pass and returned it 54 yards for a touchdown, all the while the Terrapin coaching staff was signaling him to fall down so his team could run out the clock on downs and never give Miami a chance to score again.
The win was 99.44% certain, the cover still in doubt. With 39 seconds to go, much can happen. I speak from experience having been on the receiving end of such injustices far too many times.
But Maryland’s defense toughed it out and I saw the Fat Lady take out that slim pint of Jack Daniels, oil her tonsils and let lose.
Another night of bet-and-sweat was over and my mind clicked right ahead to Thursday night when I will again enter the financial universe of football with a 50-unit play on the opening game of the National Football League season—the New Orleans Saints at the Green Bay Packers.
But I am getting ahead of myself. I need to say a few words about my Best Bets Football Club which is off to a fast start and looking for more.
Best Bets Club 5-2, Up $1,190 Profit
I am the most aggressive handicapper in all of football and because I actually prepare for each new season, I always come out firing. For instance this season I kicked off the college year with another winning 100-unit as Mississippi State (-30) buried Memphis by 45 points, 59-14. As noted I am coming out firing in the NFL Thursday night with a 50-unit play.
The weak of heart win no money in the toughest arena in the business. I do my homework and when I believe I have all the edges I fire, and that brings me to my Best Bets Football Club which after winning last night’s Maryland game has started the season 5-2. Those betting just $10-per-unit are 125 units and have won $1,190 in the first five days of the season.
And they have done it with a season package that cost them just $199. If you have not signed up, you should, but more on that in just a moment. I never ask anybody to buy the proverbial pig in a poke and want to show you my Best Bets Club record thus far.
9/5…10 Units…Maryland (-4) 32, Miami 24 (W)
9/4…5 Units…SMU (+15) 14, Texas A&M 46 (L)
9/3… 10 Units…Boise State (-3) 35, Georgia 21 (W)
9/3…5 Units…Miami-OH (+20 ½) 6, Missouri 17 (W)
9/3…5 Units…Rice (+24 ½) 9, Texas 34 (L)
9/2…10 Units…Baylor (+3) 50, TCU 48 (W)
9/1…Mississippi State (-30) 59, Memphis 14 (W)
That’s it thus far and I promise you it is just the beginning of a giant money-making football season. Here are the details about membership in my Best Bets Club, and here is what it includes:
*The entire NFL season, an average of 3 games every Sunday and most of the Monday night and mid-week games
*The rest of the baseball season right through the World Series in October. For the record those getting free baseball with their Early-Bird Package are 9-4 with my last 13 best bets.
Plus These Bonus Big Game Plays
--My 200-unit College Game of the Year
--My 200-unit NFL Game of the Year
--At least two more 100-unit college winners
--At least two 50-unit bonus plays
And just remember, all of this is years for just $199, charged to your major credit card. Sign up today on this website or toll free at 1-800-755-2255.
Kelso’s College Top 15
- TEXAS A&M (1-0)…Off This Week…Made best SMU team in years look like refugees from six-man high school football.
- VIRGINIA TECH (1-0)…At East Carolina…Talented, focused and ready to get it done. Will be favored in remaining 11 games.
- OKLAHOMA (1-0)…Off This Week…Gets acid test next week at Florida State, where revenge will be a factor after Sooners buried Seminoles, 47-17, last season.
- WISCONSIN (1-0)…Oregon State…N.C. State transfer, QB Russell Wilson, is super star and makes Badgers best team in Big Ten and legitimate contender for national title.
- BOISE STATE (1-0)…Off…Just keeps mowing them down. Only Nov. 19 at San Diego State threatens Broncos third undefeated season in last six years. Team is 62-6 last five seasons.
- ALABAMA (1-0)…At Penn State…Will be contender for national championship if it works out suspect quarterback position. Defense is wicked.
- LSU (1-0)…Northwestern State…Deep, talented, very physical and coached by an absolute genius—a great thinker who may be one of the best 10 football coaches ever.
- FLORIDA STATE (1-0)…Charleston Southern…Getting ready for Oklahoma in two weeks. Will find out where it stands in that one, having lost to Sooners, 47-17, last season.
- STANFORD (1-0)…At Duke…May turn out to be best of all and has talent to run the table since it does not play Arizona State.
- SOUTH CAROLINA (1-0)…At Georgia—If Coach Steve Spurrier gets his head out of his ass and stops playing mind games with his quarterbacks, Gamecocks have talent to beat anybody.
- MISSISSIPPI STATE (1-0)…At Auburn… No telling how good are the Bulldogs but we will know shortly since they host LSU five days after playing Auburn.
- OREGON (0-1)…Nevada…Have to assume Ducks have more than they showed in big 40-24 loss to LSU. Should win them all, until they go to Palo Alto Nov. 12 to meet Stanford.
- NEBRASKA (1-0)…Fresno state…Has talent but must show me more when playing at Wisconsin October 1.
- OHIO STATE (1-0)…Toledo…Will give Ohio State a major upgrade if Buckeyes handle Toledo as easily as they did in beating Akron 42-0 last week.
- OKLAHOMA STATE (1-0)…Arizona Thursday…Has to play Texas A&M, Texas and Missouri on the road.
Today’s Hot Plays
Jim Hurley Thanksgiving Weekend Turkey Shoot
$30.00Purchase this nowF-O-U-R D-A-Y-S of Non-Stop Action. Roll Over Your Profits and make. THE PROFITS OF A LIFETIME
Network Blue Ribbon Basketball Club
$25.00Purchase this nowBLUE RIBBON is not just team work… IT’S LEGWORK, SPADEWORK AND HOMEWORK… Tons of it.
Network Turkey Shoot - Thankssgiving Day
$30.00Purchase this nowGOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE UP THE PROFITS With Jim Hurley’s Annual THANKSGIVING TURKEY SHOOT! Win My HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY NFL-College Slam Fest with 3 NFL and 1 college winner!
Network Thanksgiving Bragging Rights College Hoops
$10.00Purchase this nowThursday’s Thanksgiving Day Las Vegas Invitational Kansas St.-Ariz. St. Battle Looks Equal On Paper. Jim Hurley Says One Side Holds All the Edges
Network Thursday College Cinch Play Romp
$12.00Purchase this nowJim Hurley SEZ, I Love This Scenario. Two Big name Teams Meet So Vegas Keeps The Line Moderate While We LAY THE POINTS AND WIN EASY