Could There Be a Miracle Mets Replay in 2014?
Could There Be a Miracle Mets Replay in 2014?!
By Wayne Root:
Many of you are too young to have experienced the "Miracle Mets"shocker of 1969. That was 45 years ago…when a young franchise that had been nothing but a doormat in its early years of existence suddenly rose up and won a World Championship. My All-Star Break research about possible Cinderella stories for the rest of the 2014 season led to me to a startling conclusion. This year's New York Mets are best positioned of any "losing"teams to make a run at the playoffs!
Yes, I know…it's still a longshot. And, maybe it's the native New York in me that's applying too much wishful thinking (I was born a true S.O.B. in Mt. Vernon, NY…son of a butcher!). But, consider the following:
- The Mets may be 45-50 in the standings as the season resumes Friday Night. But, they have the stats of a team that should be 50-45! They have a positive run differential, which means they're a "better than .500"team in disguise.
- The Mets have been the unluckiest team in baseball, with a 13-20 record in one-run games. That's a very fluky stat that's likely to reverse itself over the remainder of the season. You can deduce at a glance that New York would be over .500 for the season if they had just split out their nailbiters.
- The Mets have gotten hot in recent days. They're 8-2 over their last 10 games, which gives them a winning record over their last 20 and 30 games as well. You don't want to place too much weight on a small sample size. But, a team that the market soured on weeks ago has actually been performing at a Wildcard level for a month now.
- The Mets have a much better offense than people realize. They play their home games in a great pitcher's park. If you look only at ROAD games, the Mets have the THIRD best run-scoring offense in the league right now! They rank #2 in the NL in road on-base percentage, the single most important offensive stat (you have to get guys on base before they can score!) Only the potent LA Dodgers attack is better…and the Dodgers and Mets are well clear of the rest of the field.
- Granting that making the playoffs is still a longshot because of the bad luck, New York is in the right division (in the right league) for a rags-to-riches immediate turnaround. There's nobody like the Oakland A's or Detroit Tigers in position to run away with the NL East right now. Both Washington and Atlanta have been decent, but inconsistent. A hot streak could catch both from behind.
The Mets are already hot! And, they have an offense that should perform well through the summer.
I'm not going to make any sort of dramatic call on these pages about the Mets catching fire for two-and-a-half months and reaching the playoffs. But, I can assure you that I have my eyes on them very closely right now in the search for great value spots in the Las Vegas betting market.
Hopefully it's good news that they get to start with the lowly Padres right out of the gate. Here's the upcoming schedule:
NEW YORK METS' ROAD TRIP
Friday-Sunday: at San Diego
Monday-Wednesday: at Seattle
Thursday-Sunday: at Milwaukee
It's too bad the team has to start with 10 games on the road…but they'll get those back soon enough. Milwaukee may be falling apart. A winning record on this trip could really launch something special.
I can't tell you here in a web article if I'm releasing the Mets tonight or any time this weekend as a BEST BET. That information is for paying clients. You can become one very easily. My baseball plays are available for credit card purchase right here at this website. If you want information about which of my services bets suits your individual needs, please talk to one of my representatives in the office at 1-877-ROOT-WINS. Be sure you check on early-bird football programs when you call, and on combination packages that offer the best from both baseball and football.
Back with you early next week on these pages. Perhaps we'll talk about the Mets again this summer if it looks like another miracle is about to happen 45 years after the first one. I'll certainly be looking at the New York Giants and New York Jets for you fairly soon because the NFL exhibition slate is now just a few weeks away. Never a quiet time for Las Vegas sports bettors. That's why it's time for YOU to go to W.A.R. alongside…WAYNE ALLYN ROOT!
Today’s Hot Plays
Network Blue Ribbon Basketball Club
$25.00Purchase this nowBLUE RIBBON is not just team work… IT’S LEGWORK, SPADEWORK AND HOMEWORK… Tons of it.
Jim Hurley Friday Night Lights College Football
$15.00Purchase this nowJim Hurley’s Friday Night Lights...2 games to watch & win! You’ll get the Best One! Kick off the College Weekend With My Friday Night Moneymaker!
Jim Hurley Friday NBA Triple Payday Parlay
$15.00Purchase this nowFriday night the NBA is loaded with easy pickings, and that leads us to another Friday NBA Triple Payday.
Hurley Releases Big A Payday With 10-1 Longshot
$20.00Purchase this nowJim Hurley’s Big A Payday Starts With 10-1 Longshot Win And Key To Exotic Tote Busters And More
Another Hurley Consensus Hoops Sweep Wins Friday
$12.00Purchase this now3 Hurley Consensus College Basketball Plays Swept On Wednesday. Once Again Tonight Jim’s Hoops Gurus Are In Agreement And You Are the Winner. On Wednesday night Jim Hurley’s Basketball Network Experts agreed on a trio of College Moves and the result was a 3-0 SWEEP with Pitt (-5) over UCSB 70-62, Nevada (-5.5) over Santa Clara 93-63 and Seton Hall (-11) over Indiana 84-68.