Wayne Root: More February Fireworks
A SHOCK TO THE SYSTEM
By the KING of Las Vegas WAYNE ALLYN ROOT
AS PROMISED, POWERS UNFOCUSED IN FEBRUARY!
Back before Valentine's, I told you this was going to happen. I talked about how major college teams get the blah's in mid and late February because they all know March Madness is just around the corner.
You saw upsets on the day that article was posted...and a long list of upsets and near upsets has continued since. Just within the last few days we witnessed:
- 7th ranked BYU beat Colorado State by only eight as 13-point favorites. They were obviously looking ahead to Saturday's showdown with San Diego State, and a very high seeding in the Big Dance.
- 9th ranked Notre Dame sneak by Providence by one as a 4-point favorite. The Irish haven't been very sharp since all the talk about possibly earning a #2 seed in the NCAA Tournament.
- 10th ranked Arizona (best in the Pac 10) lose by eight at USC. They were in a letdown spot after beating Washington to take over first place last weekend.
- 11th ranked Georgetown lose by a dozen to Cincinnati as 6-point favorites. Could they have been looking ahead to archrival Syracuse in an early Saturday tip?
- 12th ranked Wisconsin bank in a buzzer shot in a non-cover at Michigan. Easy to take the Wolverines lightly after you've played a few big games.
- 15th Ranked Connecticut lose outright as a 5-point favorite to Marquette. Distractions involving Jim Calhoun sure didn't help.
- 22nd ranked Kentucky lose on the road (again) at Arkansas as a 7-point favorite. A big TV revenge game with Florida in Lexington was on deck.
- Alabama (best in the SEC West) sneak by Auburn by 2 points as 17-point favorites. Not hard to imagine which team was going to take this game more seriously given the lack of postseason hopes for the Tigers.
- St. Mary's (best in the West Coast Conference) lose outright at home to Gonzaga as a 4-point favorite. Not a good couple of weeks for the Gaels.
- Cleveland State (best in the Horizon) lose outright to Wisconsin-Milwaukee as 8-point favorites. Now there's a logjam atop the Horizon.
- George Mason (best in the Colonial) sneak by Northeastern by six as 15-point favorites. Tough to stay focused after last week's great results.
- Wichita State (best in the Missouri Valley) sneak by Creighton by two as 11-point favorites. They Shockers were almost shocked because they were thinking about Saturday's meeting with Missouri State too soon.
Big places, small places, TV games, non-TV games, you had favorites getting upset, and some very big favorites barely holding on. I TOLD YOU THIS WAS GOING TO HAPPEN!
And, it's not going to stop. This weekend I see several more top contenders prime for an upset. In fact, anybody who isn't on the list above should be on your list of potential trouble spots Saturday and Sunday! I'm the KING OF LAS VEGAS because I see upsets coming before they happen. I see blowouts at cheap spreads when shamed teams bounce back strong. I see peak performances and valley performances when Vegas oddsmakers are always pricing on an "average"performance from each team.
This is one of the biggest secrets to beating the line. Understanding that pointspreads reflect "average"expectations, while the top programs don't often play "average"games during the lead up to the postseason. They're distracted one day...then embarrassed back into peak intensity the next. But, after a good game, they start thinking about March Madness again and lay another egg.
I know who's going to be flat Saturday and Sunday.
I know who's going to be breathing fire Saturday and Sunday.
I know which lesser lights have already thrown in the towel.
I know which "Senior Days"will be meaningful in the mid majors.
And, it's all going to come together in a fabulous finale to February basketball. You can purchase my top plays here at the website. Selections go up a few hours before the first tip every day. Be sure you act early on Saturdays and Sundays to get full value. It seems like they're starting them earlier and earlier these days! Full season packages are also available. If you have any questions about which package best suits your needs, or you want to make sure you're in line for EVERY single GAME OF THE YEAR and PERFECT PLAY release, call my office at 1-877-766-8946.
I'm the only man in the industry with a star on the Vegas "Walk of Fame."I'm always a few steps ahead of the oddsmakers. The "Walk of Fame"proves it because there aren't any oddsmakers there! We've reached the most exciting time in the college season for Vegas bettors. Make sure YOU go to W.A.R. alongside WAYNE ALLYN ROOT!
Today’s Hot Plays
Network Blue Ribbon Basketball Club
$25.00Purchase this nowBLUE RIBBON is not just team work… IT’S LEGWORK, SPADEWORK AND HOMEWORK… Tons of it.
Network Three Top Early NFL Totals
$15.00Purchase this nowJim Hurley knows HOW the Game Will be Played. That’s why he’s 14-7 in his last 21 Totals Plays. I’ve found three early totals that should never be in doubt and make you money during Sunday’s games.
Network NFL Shocker of the Month
$20.00Purchase this nowOn this one game you won’t need the points. Like when I Won my September Shocker with the Bills (+3) over the Broncos 26-16, and in October with the Chargers (+1.5) over the Broncos 21-0! This looks even easier!
Hurley Sources All Over Aqueduct Trio
$15.00Purchase this nowJim Hurley Racing Network Never Rests. On Sunday There Is Still One More Day In The Week To Take Profit. Best Bets, Longshots, Exotics
Network NFL Prime Time Game of the Month
$19.00Purchase this now8-1 Eagles are red hot! But Cowboys, even without Ezekiel Eliot, are talented and dangerous. Get my answer and win all the cash you’re ready to play Sunday night.
Network Double NFL Parlay Grand Slam
$25.00Purchase this nowLooking at today’s sked I saw two parlays so strong, I couldn’t decide which pair of games I liked best, so I thought, why not both?