NFL Mock Draft
OUR JIM SEZ 2017 NFL MOCK DRAFT IS HERE!!!
The time for talking is over ...
Let's get to our Jim Sez NFL Mock Draft and - we'll warn you - there's plenty of twists and turns in our opening round with bombshell trades all throughout our fun forecast:
- CLEVELAND - Myles Garrett, DE, Texas A&M: The Browns won't flinch here as this pass-rush fiend is their numero uno target all along even though we have some questions about his stamina/strength. No question the overworked Cleveland defense must get off the field more and Brownies are keeping fingers crossed that Garrett will pile up sacks and give "D' a break.
- NEW YORK JETS (projected trade with San Francisco) - Mitchell Trubisky, QB, North Carolina: The J-E-T-S need to make a big-time splash here 'cause everyone's calling them a 3-13 or 4-12 team for the '17 season. Not sure we'd pull the trigger on this one but NYJ has loved this kid from the get-go and so GM Mike Maccagnan will part with the #6 overall pick and some future goodies to make it all happen
- CHICAGO - Derek Barnett, DE, Tennessee: The Bears stun the free world with this selection (most draftniks have this former Vols star a borderline top 10 pick) but fact of matter is NFC North crew sees great future for pass-rush whiz who grades out higher than some of those CB/S on the board
- LOS ANGELES CHARGERS (projected trade with Jacksonville) - Malik Hooker, FS, Ohio State: Talk about needing to make a big splash in their new market! The former San Diego Chargers trade up from the No. 7 pick (with more considerations, of course) and snag the first defensive back to come off the board. The key here is the Chargers believe (know?) that either Tennessee at #5 or San Francisco at #6 want this former Buckeyes' star, so they pounce
- TENNESSEE - Solomon Thomas, DE, Stanford: Everyone's mock draft has the Titans snagging either a safety or a cornerback but once this talent drops into their laps, Tennessee can't resist. One way or another, the Titans are 99 percent sure to draft defense with this choice
- SAN FRANCISCO (projected trade with New York Jets) - Christian McCaffrey, RB, Stanford: The Niners dropped back a few slots and added some mid-round picks with the NYJ deal and now first-year head coach Kyle Shanahan follows his offensive-minded heart and snags this local hero. Game plan for Shanahan is to get the ball into McCaffrey's hands 20-or-so times a game - come hell or high water!
- JACKSONVILLE (projected trade with Los Angeles Chargers) - Jonathan Allen, DT, Alabama: Jags have a bevy of players on their shopping list and so the trade down with the Bolts makes perfect sense and, no, we don't believe they'll pull the trigger on a running back.
- CAROLINA - Leonard Fournette, RB, LSU: Count the Panthers as being giddy here 'cause they were sweating bullets that this bulldozing back would get scooped up one pick earlier with the aforementioned Jaguars. The $64,000 question is do NFL teams devalue running backs to the point that a franchise won't take one with a top 10 pick? Hmmm
- PHILADELPHIA (projected trade with Cincinnati) - Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan: Ahh, the draft's host city makes news within the first 90 minutes of Round One by trading up from #14 to land a top-shelf pass-catcher to go along with newcomer WR Alshon Jeffery. Three cheers
- BUFFALO - Marshon Lattimore, CB, Ohio State: Truth of the matter is the Bills would've liked either DT Allen or WR Davis but neither's on the board, so they "settle" for a guy that actually has top five pick hype and maybe another cover guy will help against New England's QB Mr. Brady
- NEW ORLEANS - Jamal Adams, SS, LSU: No way did the Saints think this native son would still be on the board and so expect this NFC South crew to make this pick in 30 seconds or less!
- CLEVELAND - O.J. Howard, TE, Alabama: Browns tempted to move this pick to either Seattle or Oakland for draft choices/warm bodies but resist and now it's up to head coach Hue Jackson to get 'em 75-or-more catches this year
- ARIZONA - David Njoku, TE, Miami: If you listen to all the draft "experts", than grabbing a quarterback here is a lead pipe cinch but we are not buying it and Cardinals need some production from this position
- CINCINNATI (projected trade with Philadelphia): Haason Reddick, OLB, Temple: Lots more than usual on the Bengals' wish list but they need more athleticism on "D" and this dude has a great motor
- INDIANAPOLIS - T.J. Watt, OLB, Wisconsin: Is this a bit of a reach here? Perhaps but word is the Colts like OLB Reddick and so when he's snapped up with prior pick they simply gobble up next-best player at the position
- BALTIMORE - Garett Bolles, OT, Utah: Leave it to the Ravens to throw more unpredictability into this draft as GM Ozzie Newsome wants a new "Jonathan Ogden" and he dismisses (for now) the team's wide receiver needs and goes O-line here
- WASHINGTON - Reuben Foster, ILB, Alabama: The 'Skins won't be scared off by "diluted" test at the NFL Combine although we won't criticize 'em if they take a wide receiver here
- TENNESSEE - Chidobe Awuzie, CB, Colorado: We have the Titans going defense/defense here in Round I after our Jim Sez projection that they'll land DE Solomon Thomas with that fifth overall pick ... now, is this a "reach"
- SEATTLE (projected trade with Tampa Bay) - Cam Robinson, OT, Alabama: No secret that the Seahawks need to retool this shabby O-line and so they trade up and swap picks with the Bucs. P.S., Seattle doesn't love OT Ryan Ramczyk, so Robinson's the man
- DENVER - Ryan Ramczyk, OT, Wisconsin: Well, someone likes this former Badgers' blocker but maybe the truth is Seattle has inkling that Broncos would have nabbed 'Bama star Robinson, so thus the deal
- DETROIT - Taco Charleton, DE, Michigan: Local guy makes good here as Lions could go in a few different directions but opt for 6-6, 280-pound brute who started just one year in Ann Arbor
- MIAMI - Forrest Lamp, OG, Western Kentucky: The Fish need to beef up offensive line with best available OT/OG on their radar
- NEW YORK GIANTS -- Mike Williams, WR, Clemson: Lots of talk in the NYC tabloids regarding whether or not GM Jerry Reese will trade up (that's not been his style) and so expect NFC East team to sit tight and grab best non-QB on board
- OAKLAND - Kevin King, CB, Washington: The Raiders will dabble with the idea of drafting Clemson's national champ QB Deshaun Watson but they steer clear at the last second
- HOUSTON - Deshaun Watson, QB, Clemson: The Texans breath a big sigh of relief as they're eyeballing a long-term solution at quarterback after Brock Osweiler "Error", um, Era
- TAMPA BAY (projected trade with Seattle): Dalvin Cook, RB, Florida State: The Bucs feel like they hit the lottery here as they traded down, grabbed a couple of extra picks and still got QB Jameis Winston's ole backfield buddy
- KANSAS CITY - Jabrill Peppers, SS/OLB, Michigan: Most folks feel this former All-America is headed to Round II after "diluted" test but don't they know that Chiefs' head coach Andy Reid is a modern-day Father Flanagan?
- DALLAS - Zach Cunningham, OLB, Vanderbilt: Solid defender who could go inside top 20 picks should someone change their minds (paging Washington Redskins!)
- GREEN BAY - Tyus Bowser, OLB, Houston: The Packers may toy with taking a playmaker on the other side of the ball but not in love with the available WRs
- PITTSBURGH - Patrick Mahomes II, QB, Texas Tech: Sure seems like "Big Ben" is gonna call it quits sooner rather than later and so Steelers go for his heir apparent
- ATLANTA - Takkarist McKinley, OLB, UCLA: Last year's Super Bowl meltdown exposed a few different problem areas for the Falcons but covering someone out of the backfield is a must-find in this draft
- NEW ORLEANS - Adoree' Jackson, CB, USC: Do-it-all type who will double as special teams player for Saints team that needs an energy jolt.
Jim Hurley and his Network of Handicappers/Bloggers are all geared up for these NBA Playoffs that continue to roll on this last week in April - so just go online right here or call our exclusive toll-free telephone # of 1-800-323-4453 each/every day during these NBA Playoffs and we'll send you straight into the winner's circle. Remember it's not too late to sign up for the entire NBA Playoffs plus there's Major-League Baseball on tap every day!
Today’s Hot Plays
Network Tuesday MAC TV Football Double Dip
$12.00Purchase this nowThere might be small or mid-major conferences but there is no such thing as small or mid-major PROFIT. Jim has ALL THE RIGHT ANSWERS and so will you Tuesday.
Hurley College Basketball Tuesday Topplers
$12.00Purchase this nowJim Hurley’s Tuesday Topplers Rate Out At 80% Probability Plus. Don’t Wait For Football To Finish. Win With Basketball Now!
Jim Hurley Thanksgiving Weekend Turkey Shoot
$30.00Purchase this nowF-O-U-R D-A-Y-S of Non-Stop Action. Roll Over Your Profits and make. THE PROFITS OF A LIFETIME
Network Blue Ribbon Basketball Club
$25.00Purchase this nowBLUE RIBBON is not just team work… IT’S LEGWORK, SPADEWORK AND HOMEWORK… Tons of it.
Network Turkey Shoot - Thankssgiving Day
$30.00Purchase this nowGOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE UP THE PROFITS With Jim Hurley’s Annual THANKSGIVING TURKEY SHOOT! Win My HAPPY THANKSGIVING DAY NFL-College Slam Fest with 3 NFL and 1 college winner!