The 2016 Jim Sez NFL Mock Draft
IT'S OUR JIM SEZ NFL MOCK DRAFT '16
Time to crank up our annual Jim Sez NFL Mock Draft but first this quick-hitter reminder:
Jim Hurley and his Network of Handicappers/Bloggers are all geared up for these NBA Playoffs that continue to roll on this last week in April - so just go online right here or call our exclusive toll-free telephone # of 1-800-323-4453 each/every day during these NBA Playoffs and we'll send you straight into the winner's circle. Remember that it's not too late to sign up now for the entire NBA Playoffs plus there's Major-League Baseball on tap every day!
NFL MOCK DRAFT
1. LOS ANGELES RAMS (trade with Tennessee) - Jared Goff, QB, California: Maybe head coach Jeff Fisher thinks it's cute not revealing this pick just yet but new/old Hollywood team reaches for biggest name here (though we still have doubts he's a true "franchise QB"!).
2. PHILADELPHIA (trade with Cleveland) - Carson Wentz, QB, North Dakota State: As one cynic pointed out, this guy sure got a whole lot better after last season ended. Again, major rush to establish that "franchise QB" more likely a mistake considering what Eagles gave up in the deal.
3. SAN DIEGO - Laremy Tunsil, OT, Ole Miss: Best blocker in this man's draft is considered the top prospect on the whole board and Bolts now need him to be a 12- to 15-year left tackle.
4. PITTSBURGH (proposed trade with Dallas) - Jalen Ramsey, S, Florida State: The Steelers swap first-round picks with the Cowboys plus sweeten the pot some too as Mike Tomlin's crew needs major secondary help ASAP.
5. JACKSONVILLE - Joey Bosa, DE, Ohio State: Real tough choice for the Jags who must decide between UCLA's Myles Jack and this pass-rushing fiend.
6. BALTIMORE - Myles Jack, OLB, UCLA: The Ravens didn't think this dude would drop into their laps and so goodbye O-line help (for now), hello to the "new" Terrell Suggs.
7. SAN FRANCISCO - DeForest Buckner, DE, Oregon: New coach Chip Kelly stays true to his old school and snaps up this mammoth 6-foot-7, 295-pounder.
8. CLEVELAND (trade with Philadelphia) - Ezekiel Elliott, RB, Ohio State: Go figure the Browns' draft history … but do keep in mind this former Buckeyes star is rated as top 10 material on everyone's hit list.
9. TAMPA BAY - Vernon Hargreaves III, CB, Florida: Super-athletic cover corner who plays his best in big games.
10. NEW YORK GIANTS - Shaq Lawson, DE, Clemson: If you thought the Jints had finished bulking up the "D" after spending all those free-agent bucks, then you have another thing coming!
11. CHICAGO - Leonard Floyd, OLB, Georgia: The Bears surrendered 25-or-more points on six occasions last year (and lost all six games!) and so defense the only way to turn here.
12. NEW YORK JETS (proposed trade with New Orleans) - Ronnie Stanley, OT, Notre Dame: The J-E-T-S inch up eight spots in this draft to nab best available blocker and they'll keep fingers crossed he's a "lifer" like just-retired LT D'Brickashaw Ferguson.
13. MIAMI - William Jackson III, CB, Houston: The Fish beat #14 Oakland to the punch here (and, boy, will the Raiders be angry!) and now hope they didn't err by passing on OB Darron Lee.
14. OAKLAND - Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss: Leave to the Raiders to make the first real "reach" (most draft boards have Nkemdiche going in the mid-to-late 20s) as missing out on Jackson III changes the silver-and-black plans.
15. TENNESSEE (trade with Los Angeles Rams) - Sheldon Rankins, DT, Louisville: When N'Orleans traded out of the #12 hole, it meant this 300-pounder would drop a bit.
16. DETROIT - Laquon Treadwell, WR, Ole Miss: Third Rebels star to go in first half of Round 1 and doesn't pick make sense with WR Calvin Johnson now retired?
17. ATLANTA - Reggie Ragland, ILB, Alabama: Falcons have lots of holes but landing a "glue guy" on this defensive unit is paramount.
18. INDIANAPOLIS - Corey Coleman, WR, Baylor: The Colts are "supposed" to draft for defense here but let's just say QB Andrew Luck has been lobbying for more pass-catching help.
19. HOUSTON (proposed trade with Buffalo) - Darron Lee, OLB, Ohio State: The Texans swap "1's" here because they're afraid Washington would gobble 'em up with pick #21.
20. NEW ORLEANS (proposed trade with New York Jets) - Taylor Decker, OT, Ohio State: Here's your fourth Buckeye nabbed in Round I and who wouldn't like a 6-foot-7 blocker for QB Drew Brees?
21. WASHINGTON - Jack Conklin, OT, Michigan State: 'Skins here are strictly going for "best available talent" as Ragland and Lee are gonzo from the draft board and so D.C. guys decide to land yet another Big 10 O-lineman.
22. BUFFALO (proposed trade with Houston) - Paxton Lynch, QB, Memphis: Good maneuver by Bills who earn extra draft pick (probably a third- or fourth-rounder) by sliding down three spots and still getting the long-range slinger they wanted all along.
23. MINNESOTA - A'Shawn Robinson, DT, Alabama: The Vikes are shopping this pick but get no takers and so go best available D-lineman that does merit top 20 pick range.
24. CINCINNATI - Ryan Kelly, C, Alabama: Okay, so all signs point to Bengals opting for a wide receiver but they don't love TCU's Josh Doctson and so time to upgrade an aging O-line.
25. DALLAS (proposed trade with Pittsburgh) - Eli Apple, CB, Ohio State: In case you're wondering, the Cowboys also will snap up a second- or third-round pick while exchanging first-round slots with the Steel Gang.
26. SEATTLE - Mackensie Alexander, CB, Clemson: Is it already time to re-stock the new version of the "Legion of Boom"?
27. GREEN BAY - Keanu Neal, SS, Florida: Truth be told, the Packers will be spending lots of time attempting to move up for an offensive lineman and so this hard hitter is pretty much a consolation prize.
28. KANSAS CITY - Josh Doctson, WR, TCU: Ever since the beginning of time the Chiefs could always use a wide-out and Andy Reid and Company just happy this Horned Frog fell a few spots.
29. NEW ENGLAND - Forfeited pick (see Deflate Gate penalty)
30. ARIZONA - Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State: The Redbirds wanted the future heir for oft-injured QB Carson Palmer and they get it here (while spoiling things for the champion Broncos who wanted Cook with the final pick in Round I).
31. CAROLINA - Derrick Henry, RB, Alabama: Last year's Heisman Trophy winner finally gets nabbed though we hear reports the NFC champions would like to trade up for a cornerback after the exodus of Josh Norman to Washington.
32. DENVER - Hunter Henry, TE, Arkansas: Draft's top-rated tight end generally is rated among the #40-thru-#50 prospects but the Broncos love the fact he's 6-foot-5 (a good target for whomever quarterbacks this team) and can make things happen after the catch.
NOTE: We'll analyze the NFL Draft's opening round in tomorrow's edition of Jim Sez.
Today’s Hot Plays
Jim Hurley Friday NBA Double Payday Parlay
$12.00Purchase this nowFriday night the NBA is loaded with easy pickings, and that leads us to another Friday NBA Double Payday.
Network Whisper Game Is Sweet 16 Play Of Week
$20.00Purchase this nowFriday Night’s Sweet 16 Best Is Hurley Whisper Game Of The Week. Money Moves Trigger Wrong Way Action. Wise Guys Go Other Way And We Horn In.
Hurley Sweet-16 Side/Total Parlay Sweeps Friday Night!
$19.00Purchase this nowJim SEZ, I Know Exactly How This Game Plays Out. The SIDE & TOTAL GO HAND IN HAND For A Sweet Sixteen 13-5 Parlay Payoff